This is a short excerpt from Shedding Light on Atoms Episode 6: Electron Shells.
If you’ve always wondered how big atoms are, this is the definitive explanation and visualization!!!
- Are you a teacher with middle-school students struggling to “get” Chemistry by trying to read a text book?
- Are you a little disillusioned with PowerPoints?
- Are you tired of trying to find good YouTube videos that are pitched at the right level and that cover the content that you need covering?
- Are you looking for great student activity sheets which allow students to really learn the concepts and to master the skills required to do well in senior Chemistry?
Liacos Educational Media has the answer:
The 8-Part Shedding Light on Atoms video series, which is revolutionising the way teachers teach Chem!
Using brilliant live-action footage and outstanding animations, the Shedding Light on Atoms series teaches students not just what we know about atoms but also how we know what we know about atoms.
- Firstly, it covers ALL the essentials of Chemistry: elements, compounds, and mixtures; chemical formulas; chemical reactions; writing and balancing chemical equations; the Law of Conservation of Mass; atomic weight; protons, neutrons, and electrons; atomic structure; atomic forces; electron shells; the patterns within and the development of the Periodic Table; covalent bonding; ionic bonding; the kinetic theory and; solids, liquids and gases.
- Secondly, while teaching these essential elements of Chemistry and Atomic Theory, the series also explains how we know what we know about atoms. It looks back at the experiments and ideas which led to the discovery of atoms, their structure, and the ways that they bond.
All of the main questions that kids typically ask are covered.
- How do we know about atoms if we can’t even see them? COVERED
- How do we know about protons, neutrons, and electrons when they’re even smaller than atoms? COVERED
- Why is the Periodic Table arranged the way it is? COVERED
- How can we possibly know that atoms sometimes stick together by sharing electrons, while at other times they stick together when they lose or gain electrons? COVERED
And not just covered… but covered brilliantly!!!
So browse through all 8 episodes of the Shedding Light on Atoms series and see for yourself just how good they’ll be for your students. I dare say, you’ll learn a thing or two yourself!
The Shedding Light on Atoms Series:
Shedding Light on Atoms Episode 1: The Dawn of Modern Chemistry
Shedding Light on Atoms Episode 2: Oxygen Everywhere
Shedding Light on Atoms Episode 3: The Discovery of Atoms
Shedding Light on Atoms Episode 4: The Periodic Table
Shedding Light on Atoms Episode 5: Protons, Neutrons and Electrons
Shedding Light on Atoms Episode 6: Electron Shells
Shedding Light on Atoms Episode 7: Covalent Bonding
Shedding Light on Atoms Episode 8: Ionic Bonding
GET IN TOUCH WITH US.
By Email: email@example.com
By Phone: +61 (0)3 9543 5446; +61 (0)433 061 117
Via our Contact Form below: